[Lisa_seminaires] Fwd: Colloque DIRO, lundi 13 février, Jian Tang (Michigan)

Yoshua Bengio yoshua.umontreal at gmail.com
Jeu 9 Fév 21:40:38 EST 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Pierre McKenzie <mckenzie at iro.umontreal.ca>
Date: 2017-02-09 17:46 GMT-05:00
Subject: Colloque DIRO, lundi 13 février, Jian Tang (Michigan)
To: seminaires at iro.umontreal.ca

*Learning representations of large-scale networks *

par

* Jian Tang *

 University of Michigan

*Lundi 13 février, 15:30-16:30*, *Salle 6214*, Pavillon André-Aisenstadt

    Université de Montréal, 2920 Chemin de la Tour

Café avant 15:00-15:30

*Cette présentation sera donnée en anglais.*

*Résumé:*

Information networks (e.g., social networks, citation networks, World Wide
Web ) are ubiquitous in real world, covering a variety of applications.
Traditionally, networks are usually represented as adjacency matrices.
However, this type of representation is very sparse and high-dimensional,
which does not facilitate computation of network analysis and network
understanding. In this talk, I will introduce our recent work on learning
low-dimensional representations of large-scale networks. The
representations are able to facility a variety of applications such as node
classification, node clustering, link prediction, recommendation, and
network visualization.