[Lisa_seminaires] [TeaTalk] Geordie Rose on "Building a system for embodied intelligence research"

Junyoung Chung elecegg at gmail.com
Mar 25 Oct 14:31:12 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,

this Friday, we will have a teatalk by Geordie Rose who has co-founded
D-Wave and
Kindred. Looking forward to see many of you there!

Who:    Geordie Rose
When:  Oct. 28th (Friday) 11AM
Where: AA6214

Title: Building a system for embodied intelligence research

Abstract: Animals, including humans, have intelligence that is embodied --
it resides within a body. Brains evolved to control these bodies, and human
intelligence seems to be a side effect of this process. I would like to
explore in an interactive way with the audience what characteristics a
research system would have that would allow exploration of how embodied
intelligence works. This research system would include robots, control
systems, programming interfaces, tele-operation, and potentially other
useful characteristics.

Bio: Geordie Rose is co-founder and CEO of Kindred (www.kindred.ai), and
was the founder of D-Wave (for more details visit gr.ai).

--Junyoung