[Lisa_seminaires] Dialogue-based learning talk by Jason Weston

Tegan Maharaj tegan.jrm at gmail.com
Jeu 17 Nov 11:47:12 EST 2016

Hi everyone,

The tea talk this week will be Jason Weston's talk about dialogue.

Who: Jason Weston

When: Nov. 17 (Today) 3:00PM

Where: PAA 1207

Title: Dialog-based Language Learning

Abstract: We study how to learn to use language via dialog-based language
learning, where supervision is given naturally and implicitly in the
response of the dialog partner during the conversation. Experiments are in
two domains: the bAbI dataset of (Weston et al., 2015) and the larger
movieQA dataset from (Dodge et al., 2015). We evaluate a set of baseline
learning strategies on these tasks, and show that a novel model
incorporating predictive lookahead is a promising approach for learning
from a teacher's response. In particular, a surprising result is that it
can learn to answer questions correctly without any reward-based
supervision at all.

This is joint work with Jiwei Li, Alex Miller, Sumit Chopra and
Marc'Aurelio Ranzato

Hope to see you there!

Cheers,

Tegan