[Lisa_seminaires] [Lisa_labo] Fwd: Connectionists: The ReScience journal

Jörg Bornschein bornj at iro.umontreal.ca
Sam 5 Sep 19:17:41 EDT 2015

I agree and I was basically thinking the same thing (+that Docker or other
container virtualization techniques could ease the pain [*]).

But for reproducability in the scientific sense it is already a huge win
when an independent implementation ran only once or twice on the machines
of the reproducing authors (and the editors). From that point of view it
would not be devastating if the code was not in a runnable state a few
months later.

[*] I actually wonder why they did't make the dependencies more explicit in
their submission format.