[Lisa_seminaires] Schedule of Talks before and after NIPS 2014

Kyung Hyun Cho cho.k.hyun at gmail.com
Dim 30 Nov 15:06:49 EST 2014

Dear all,

We will have a number of visitors at the lab before and after NIPS 2014.
Many of the talks will be interesting to many of the lab members, and I
would like to recommend all to be at all of the talks. Also, I'd like to
warmly welcome anyone on this mailing list who's not at the LISA lab to
attend the talks.

Most of the talks will be held at AA3195 (Pavillon André-Aisenstadt, 2920
Chemin de la tour, Montréal). Please, check back frequently for the
locations of the talks on http://lisa.iro.umontreal.ca/seminars_en.html.
There may be a few more talks added in a next few days, so again, please
check the schedule online frequently.

Best,
- Cho

*= Schedule = *

+ *3 Dec 2014* (Wed)
  - 13.30 - 14.30 <A Multiplicative Model for Learning Distributed
Text-Based Attribute Representations> by Ryan Kiros (University of Toronto)

+ *4 Dec 2014* (Thu)
  - 10.30 - 11.30 <What if computer can perceive the world like we
do?> by Xinyi
Chen, Peng (Eric) Ding (DeepGlint)
  - 13.30 - 14.30 <Learning Compact Yet Rich Models for Text> by Sarath
Chandar (IBM India)

+ *5 Dec 2014* (Fri)
  - 10.30 - 11.30 <Joint Training of Deep Autoencoders> by Dr. Yingbo
Zhou (University
at Buffalo, The State University of New York)
  - 13.30 - 14.30 <How Watson Learns Superhuman Jeopardy! Strategies> by Dr.
Gerald Tesauro (IBM T. J. Watson Research Center)

+ *15 Dec 2014* (Mon)
  - 13.30 - 14.30 <TBD> by Prof. Yung-Kyun Noh (KAIST)

+ *16 Dec 2014* (Tue)
  - 13.30 - 14.30 <General Stochastic Networks for Classification> by Matthias
Zohrer (TU Graz)