[Lisa_seminaires] Talk this Friday!

Aaron Courville aaron.courville at gmail.com
Mer 20 Juin 06:02:22 EDT 2012

Hi all,

Toby Hocking will be joining us Friday afternoon to give a talk on
clustering. Please be there.

When: 4pm Friday June 22, 2012.
Where: AA3195

Title/Abstract:

"Clusterpath: An Algorithm for Clustering using Convex Fusion Penalties"

http://www.icml-2011.org/papers/419_icmlpaper.pdf

Abstract: We present a new clustering algorithm by proposing a convex
relaxation of hierarchical clustering, which results in a family of
objective functions with a natural geometric interpretation. We give
efficient algorithms for calculating the continuous regularization
path of solutions, and discuss relative advantages of the
parameters. Our method experimentally gives results similar to
spectral clustering for non-convex clusters, and has the added benefit
of learning a tree structure from the data.

--
Aaron C. Courville
Département d’Informatique et
email:Aaron.Courville at gmail.com