[Lisa_seminaires] Tea Talk Tomorrow -- NOTE: CHANGE OF TIME

Aaron Courville aaron.courville at gmail.com
Mer 9 Mar 14:57:56 EST 2011

Hi All,

Tomorrow we will have another tea talk from the LISA lab members at
the core of our UTLC team. Note the change of time! Hope to see you
there.

Location: LISA lab  (AA3256)
Time: 13h00
Date: Thursday, March 10th, 2011

Title:
Unsupervised and Transfer Learning Challenge (UTLC)

Authors:
Yann, Xavier, Salah, Grégoire

Abstract:
The phase 1 of unsupervised learning challenge aimed to test
unsupervised learning methods
on five different datasets (sparse/dense, high/low dimension,
images/manuscripts/... recognition).
Competitors were evaluated with respect to the ALC (Area under
Learning Curve) of a linear
classifier (Hebbian) trained with very few training examples on a
subset of the classes present
in the training set. This allowed us to test deep/shallow learning
algorithms in new settings:
one shot learning (one sample used for training) and transductive
learning. We will present
the different methods we used to achieve good performance (ranking 1st
overall on the validation
set) and our positive/negative feedback about the competition.

Cheers,
Aaron

--
Aaron C. Courville