[Lisa_seminaires] LISA talk next week

Aaron Courville aaron.courville at gmail.com
Mar 8 Juin 14:14:46 EDT 2010

Hi All,

We will have a visitor next Monday (June 14th). David Warde-Farley is a
prospective PhD student in our lab. He will be giving a talk on his recent
work done at the University of Toronto.

Date and Time: Monday June 14th, 14h00
Location: Rm. 3195

Title/Abstract:
The GeneMANIA gene function prediction server

The GeneMANIA gene function prediction server (http://www.genemania.org) is
a flexible tool providing biological researchers with a single point of
access for querying large-scale publicly available genomics and proteomics
datasets and generating hypotheses about gene function. The current version
has been in operation since July 2009. This version supports gene function
predictions for six organisms: yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae), worm
(Caenorhabditis elegans), fly (Drosophila melanogaster), mouse (Mus
musculus), Arabidopsis thaliana, and human (Homo sapiens). Users select
their organism of interest and input a list of query genes. GeneMANIA
weights selected sources of experimental data based on their relevance and
scores genes outside the query list using a modified version of Gaussian
field label propagation, returning the most relevant hits to the user.

Hope to see you all there.

Cheers,
Aaron

--