[gambit-list] SRFI 14 and data structures in gambit/lib/gambit/char/char#.scm

Bradley Lucier lucier at math.purdue.edu
Wed May 17 13:32:55 EDT 2023

Marc:

I'd like to have an implementation of SRFI 14 (character sets) that
works with the entire unicode character set rather than just the
256-character Latin1 subset

I think one needs a data structure that allows compact encoding of
relatively large (about $2^{21}$ elements) sets of positive integers
that have lots of contiguous subsets.

At any rate, I thought you may have solved this problem in
gambit/lib/gambit/char/char#.scm, but for the life of me I can't figure
out what you're doing there.

Can your data sets for encoding Unicode properties be used for an
efficient SRFI 14 implementation?

Brad