[gambit-list] Dependeny graphs for reachable bindings: Gambit 4.9.3 vs 4.9.4

Sven Hartrumpf hartrumpf at gmx.net
Tue Jan 4 05:02:36 EST 2022

Hello.

For a long time, I have been using gsc to determine all reachable bindings
(functions and global variables) of a Scheme program with

  gsc -c -dg foo.scm

This dependeny graph analysis is fast and was the most accurate one I found in the
Scheme world.
When stepping from 4.9.3 to 4.9.4(git), the analysis misses many reachable bindings
(i.e. many false negatives, no false positives).
For a large example program, the number drops from 7178 to 6248.
Is this expected?
Do I need to adjust my gsc options above?

Greetings
Sven