[gambit-list] (Slightly) Off topic: Sample Scheme code for the computable reals

Bradley Lucier lucier at math.purdue.edu
Tue Feb 1 12:14:14 EST 2022

I wrote a paper on the computable reals with a page of (Gambit) Scheme
code at the end that implements some of the examples.  The code was
organized for clarity of presentation (base 10, easiest algorithms,
etc.), so it's not production quality, but there are references for
people who are interested:

https://scholarship.claremont.edu/jhm/vol12/iss1/25/

I made sure that the typesetting didn't screw up the code, that you can
just copy it to a Gambit REPL and everything works.

And Section 3 tells a funny story about me learning how to compute
square roots by hand.  (Perhaps only a mathematician could write that
sentence!)

Brad