[gambit-list] Gambit version 4.6.6 for Windows - nothing more recent?

Bradley Lucier lucier at math.purdue.edu
Fri Apr 15 22:15:59 EDT 2022

On 4/13/22 1:33 PM, Paul Gray wrote:
> Hi newbie question, I'm afraid, but  I have just downloaded Gambit via
> Chocolatey (Windows 10) as advised on the Downloads page, but when I
> open the REPL I see that the version is 4.6.6, from 2012 apparently, and
> some 10 years old, is there any way I can get the latest version (4.9.4)
> or close to it, or am I stuck with 4.6.6 because I am on Windows?

I don't work with Windows, and I'm not sure of the complete workflow,
but I can suggest something to try.

Each git check-in is accompanied by a Continuous Integration (CI) build,
which, if successful, builds artifacts for Mac OS, Windows, etc.

For example, the page

https://gitter.im/gambit/gambit

reports that on April 12, "CI run 2157769059 passed", with a link to the
result

https://github.com/gambit/gambit/actions/runs/2157769059

 From the bottom of that page you can download the various built
artifacts; you may be interested in gambit-win-msvc-x86_64 or
gambit-win-mingw-x86_64.  This would be the latest, greatest development
version.

Maybe you could give it a try.

Brad