[gambit-list] Q: wrt. process devices - separating stdout/stderr

Jörg F. Wittenberger Joerg.Wittenberger at softeyes.net
Thu May 6 14:09:22 EDT 2021

The gambit manual section 17.7.2 explains how to redirect stdout/stderr
of child processes opened via `open-process` and siblings to the newly
created port.

That's the closest I could find to what I want to do:

Run the child process and process return process the output when the
child exits normally and raise an exception (containing what the child
wrote to stderr) otherwise.

I don't mind a few tricks.  The fewer the better.
But I need this on Linux and Windows, at least that it.

But I don't see how to do that with Gambit.

Thanks for any hint.

/Jörg