[gambit-list] Geiser support to be split and available in MELPA

Jose A. Ortega Ruiz jao at gnu.org
Sun Mar 28 12:08:10 EDT 2021

[If you don't use Geiser, you can safely ignore this message]

Hi,

We have been moving support for different Scheme implementations to
separate packages (https://gitlab.com/emacs-geiser), to ease their
independent development, and we are nearly done (just waiting for the
relevant MELPA PRs to get through, they are all submitted).

So, when you next update the 'geiser' package (or git repo checkout),
you'll need to install also a separate package to support your favourite
scheme (one per implementation you need).  Nothing else should change
from a user's perspective.

The new packages also remove all the autotools paraphernalia, relying on
(M)ELPA or local emacs package mechanics for installation.

I hope this won't wreak too much havoc with your workflows, but please
let me know if there's anything we can do to ease the transition if it
is disruptive in your case.

Thanks a lot for using Geiser!

Happy hacking,
jao
--
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that
the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if