[gambit-list] building git master fails

Jörg F. Wittenberger Joerg.Wittenberger at softeyes.net
Fri Jun 4 14:26:45 EDT 2021

Am Mon, 31 May 2021 11:21:22 -0400
schrieb Marc Feeley <feeley at iro.umontreal.ca>:

> I hope this clarifies things!

It did. Thanks!

Now I got a working version.

[before]
> If you insist on starting with a “wget …/gambit-v4_9_3-devel.tgz”

I don't insists at all.  I concluded from reading the INSTALL.txt that
I better do that to be sure I followed the procedure **exactly**.

What I don't understand: I tried this twice, several month ago and
these days.  In between I learned enough about gambit that I understand
why the build process is better that way than distributing .c files
generated by gambit.  Still I've been trapped both times to choose the
wrong way of doing things.

Looks like 4.9.3 is quite different to 4.9.2.