[gambit-list] R: Contributing to Gambit

Lassi Kortela lassi at lassi.io
Sat Jan 30 05:32:54 EST 2021

Maybe we could start by adding a quick tour of the Gambit source tree
and bootstrapping process to the manual?

According to
<https://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/manual/texinfo/texinfo.html#HTML-CSS>
texinfo supports custom CSS stylesheets; that would hopefully let us
make a good-looking manual for the web.

A book on Gambit internals would be very interesting but also sounds
like a huge project. People who are experts on a topic sometimes write a
blog over the space of a few years and then notice they have written
enough material for a book.

We have an aggregator of all known Scheme blogs at
<https://planet.scheme.org/> (yes, the graphic design should be
improved). I don't know how many people read these blogs (in aggregate
or individually) but we seem to get about 10 posts a month.