[gambit-list] Fix IPv6 support

Jörg F. Wittenberger Joerg.Wittenberger at softeyes.net
Wed Sep 9 05:49:05 EDT 2020

Sorry, if this reaches you twice.  Looks like I accidentally sent this
out yesterday with github-noreply.

The attached file `testtcp.scm` fails with gambit 0.9.2 here.  With the
attached patch applied it prints "Success!".

Another sorry: the patch is against 0.9.2 since I can't build current
master using 0.9.3 (and can't use 0.9.3 with lambdanative for testing).

Otherwise the patch addresses the - to me at least surprising - fact
that on my Linux box `sizeof(struct sockaddr)` is smaller than
`sizeof(struct sockaddr_in6)`.  Additionally it provides a sensible
default for the local address to use with `open-tcp-client`.

Best

Jörg

BTW:  After too many failed attempts like `make from-scratch` etc. I'd
really love to learn how build githug/master.