[gambit-list] Does gambit support flow control on ports?

Jörg F. Wittenberger Joerg.Wittenberger at softeyes.net
Sun Nov 8 06:49:50 EST 2020

Hi,

the following I wrote assuming the `no buffering` of pipe ports would
block the writer until there is a reader thread ready to receive the
data.

Apparently that's not the case.

Does Gambit support such a flow control?

(Or alternatively: is there a way to create my own ports, which would?)

Thanks soo much

/Jörg

    (define (make-pipe)
      (open-u8vector-pipe '(buffering: #f) '(buffering: #f)))

    (receive (in out) (make-pipe)
      (display "foo" out) ;; I'd expect this to block,
      (force-output out) ;; but even this does not.
      "too bad")