[gambit-list] Gambit/Scheme internals guide

Lassi Kortela lassi at lassi.io
Sun Mar 8 11:14:29 EDT 2020

Marc, I'd like to collect all your explanations about Gambit's internals
into one place if it's OK with you. It would be enlightening for anyone
wishing to optimize code or to learn more about how advanced dynamic
language implementations work.

I can try to find and copy/paste some of the stuff you've written so far
in emails and GitHub issues.

A complete guide comparing and contrasting the approaches of the major
Scheme implementations would be even more enlightening. Gambit is the
leading implementation in r7rs-benchmarks so it could even make for good
PR :) Meanwhile, it could foster some friendly competition between
implementations. And it would be a very valuable index for the larger CS
community on what kind of performance can be achieved with particular
levels of implementation complexity.