[gambit-list] could we have a minor release

Jörg F. Wittenberger Joerg.Wittenberger at softeyes.net
Tue Jul 21 15:48:15 EDT 2020

Hi,

long story short: as the subject says: I'd appreciate if there could be
a minor release to gambit.

Why:
a) eventually I need a solution (see long story below) using
lambdanative
b) no way to build lambdanative from gambit-4.9.3 because of issue #384
c) #384 was closed between August 9th and December 12th 2019
d) the solution may either need changes to `lib/os_io.c` depend on
internals of it and that file has changed considerably between 0.9.2 and
current master. It would be a waste of time to work out an interim
solution.

Hence I'd love to see a 4.9.4 no matter how close this is to a 5.0
supporting all the recent additions officially.

Thanks soo much

Jörg

Long story:

after diving deeper into gambit source I'm under the impression that
there is no easy way to solve the question I asked the other day under
the subject "How to use ports created from an open file descriptor". By
now I believe to see how this could be done.

Eventually I'd like to do this in the context of a lambdanative-built
application.  But I understand and support the policy of lambdanative
to require permanent URLs to download sources and pass a hash test.