[gambit-list] Need help to track down tight loop

Jörg F. Wittenberger Joerg.Wittenberger at softeyes.net
Sun Aug 2 09:53:04 EDT 2020

Hello,

on Linux I observe gambit entering a tight loop.

Attached the result of "strace -r -p <pid> -o ot0.trace".

To me this looks like pattern of roughly 15/80/15/118... repeating the
heartbeat operation.  In this state the program takes almost 100% CPU
and does not respond to anything.  Normally it runs on around 40-60
open file descriptors (most from UDP and TCP).

The problem arises essentially for sure.  Depending on the hardware
sooner or later.  (On 32bit armel after hours to few days, aarch64 takes
sometimes almost week, AMD64 even longer.)

Anybody having an idea how to track this down?

Thanks so much

Jörg