[gambit-list] Module system ELS20 presentation

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Mon Apr 27 09:26:04 EDT 2020

Very interesting indeed!  I will look at the paper.

I'm particularly glad to see that the module system is R7RS-compatible.

A Termite-specific question:  why send bytecode rather than C (perhaps
minified by removing whitespace)?  Presumably that would cost nothing at
the source node (it's already been done) and be faster and cheaper at the
destination node?  Is the bytecode so much more compact as to make
transmitting C untenable?

Heckler: "Go on, Al, tell 'em all you know.  It won't take long."
Al Smith: "I'll tell 'em all we *both* know.  It won't take any longer."