[gambit-list] Steps to bootstrap Git master from Gambit 4.9.3

Lassi Kortela lassi at lassi.io
Mon Apr 6 09:53:33 EDT 2020

> I’m not sure I understand the problem you are having.  I just tried to build from a fresh clone (on linux) and everything built with no issues and the “make check” passed.

No matter what kind of gsc-boot I tried, it didn't work.

But finally managed to solve the problem: I had used a shallow clone
(`git clone --depth 1`) which caused a mysterious build failure. An
ordinary `git clone` with the full history works fine, even with no
4.9.3 gsc on the system.

Anyway, there is now finally a ready-to-run Docker container of Gambit's
latest commit!

docker run -it schemers/gambit:head

Should probably add Git to that container so that remote modules work
(`gsi github.com/gambit/hello`).