[gambit-list] Looking for Compiler Developer

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 04:34:12 EST 2019

Dear Gambiteers,

I am looking for a partner in crime to help me grow a compiler for a
DSL for blockchain DApps. A MVP for that language was written in
Haskell (see https://alacrity-lang.org/ ), but I am now re-writing it
in Gerbil Scheme (a cousin of the Racket module system running on top
of Gambit Scheme).

In the short term, I am looking for a mentor, peer or mentee, who'd
work closely with me (at least part of the time pair programming). If
possible you'd accept to be paid in part or in total in shares, at
least until we raise more money, but everything is negotiable. In the
long run, assuming I indeed manage to get more funding, I would
recruit several employees and/or contractors to work on many aspects of it.

The new compiler is being written in Scheme with a lot of macros. But
the language itself has a JavaScript-like syntax and ML-like types, in
addition to other cool features such as a notion of multiple
participants who do not fully trust each other, and extraction of a
logical model with epistemic, temporal and economic aspects. So if you
can't stand types and formal logic, this is probably not for you,
unless your love of implementing compilers is much greater than your
dislike of types and logic.

We shouldn't judge people of the past by today's standards. We should judge
all people by eternal standards. Murderers and slavers were villains, are
villains, and will always be villains - and "I was just following orders"
is a confession of villainy, not a defense. — Bryan Caplan