[gambit-list] Binding SQLite LSM extension (SRFI-167)

Amirouche Boubekki amirouche.boubekki at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 03:46:48 EST 2019

Can I have some guidance on how to create bindings for sqlite lsm extensions?

sqlite lsm extension is similar to leveldb used in gerbil. But unlike
gerbil bindings, I would like the db calls to not block other gambit
threads [0].

[0] https://github.com/vyzo/gerbil/blob/master/src/std/db/_leveldb.scm

I was said on gitter to rely on some kind of socket to do that. But I
am not sure how to proceed.

To get started I would like to have a single POSIX thread database
side and the gambit main thread communicating via a pipe or something
similar. Eventually, my program must not require multiple programs to
be started ie. a single command, possibly with multiple POSIX
processus or threads (prefered).

It will be nice if it is portable across OS.

Thanks in advance for your help!

--
Amirouche ~ https://hyper.dev