[gambit-list] Reflection

Lassi Kortela lassi at lassi.io
Sat Nov 2 04:58:55 EDT 2019

>> F) While I am at it, does gambit new module system support
>> introspection or reflection?
>
> I don't know about this one, but it's at least possible to find all the
> symbols accessible in the current environment:
> <https://misc.lassi.io/2019/gambit-apropos.scm>

Gambit's R7RS library support is built on top of its native "namespaces"
mechanism, so anything that can be done to namespaces should be possible
to do to libraries.

The slides from the Modules talk at Gambit at 30 are a good intro:
<https://github.com/gambit/gambit-at-30/blob/master/talks/Gambit30-Modules.pdf>.
Marc is also updating the module/namespace parts of Gambit's manual in
the near future.

Here are the slides for the presentation about Gambit's upcoming Geiser
(Emacs) support which relies on reflection a lot:
<https://github.com/gambit/gambit-at-30/tree/master/talks/gambitWithGeiser>