[gambit-list] Information about the Gambit-C Javascript Backend

Paulo Silva Filho paulosfilho at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 06:43:37 EDT 2019

Sires,

I've been looking for a Scheme->Javascript compiler, and I've made small
tests on Gambit-C, based on these links:

https://mailman.iro.umontreal.ca/pipermail/gambit-list/2015-January/007723.html

https://gambit-list.iro.umontreal.narkive.com/JUxGilJn/javascript-backend

The only thing I'm looking for is how to communicate from Javascript
functions to Scheme functions and vice-versa.

Unfortunately, I didn't make it work, based on the links above.

I tried to use the the ##inline-host-expression and ##inline-host-statement
as shown in the links above, but the compiled code didn't find these
functions (or macros, I don't know exacly these calls are implemented).

I tried the Javascript backend on Windows, using Gambit v4.6.6, and it
compiled the sample code and has executed it. On Linux, I didn't made it
get executed.

Since the JS Backend is not documented, I don't know how to proceed, and to
find any information using Google has been very difficult.

Is there some more up to date information about how to build a simple
Javascript program, with javascript code interaction somewhere? Or can you
provide me some instructions?

Thank you in advance.

--
Paulo Silva Filho