[gambit-list] How to monitor arbitrary file descriptors?

Jörg F. Wittenberger Joerg.Wittenberger at softeyes.net
Mon Jul 15 09:43:15 EDT 2019

Hi,

I'm trying to wait for IO on some file descriptor.

The case at hand is not really relevant, it's a unix domain socket in
this case.  But the same issue would easily apply to other libraries
too.

So far I found the gamsock library as a start.  But this ties up the
processor in a loop attempting to receive, learn EWOULDBLOCK and retry.

As I said, I'm not at all sold to the gamsock library or the API.  I
just want a thread to block on a raw file descriptor for IO.  So maybe
there is a way to create a port from a raw file descriptor?  Or
anything like that?  How would it be done?

Thank you so much.

/Jörg