[gambit-list] Further examples of embedding gambit in C?

Iain Duncan iainduncanlists at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 14:54:07 EST 2019

Hi list, I'm new to Gambit, having been introduced to it by Marc from
another list. (Thanks Marc!).  My use case is that I want to embed a scheme
interpreter in C code that is run under the SDK in Max/MSP, to do
algorithmic composition and interactive computer music, making a scheme
interpreter object for Max/MSP that receives scheme code from the user and
calls underlying C SDK functions in Max. I'm currently working on it using
S7 scheme and also evaluating other schemes as potential better long term
solutions.

Marc sent me the example code from the "embedding" tarball, with the
example using logging and tmpnam, which was very helpful. I just wanted to
ask here whether anyone else has other examples of embedding an interpreter
in a C host that I could look at, or can point me at further resources or
tutorials.

And if anyone else is doing work in this domain, I'd love to hear about it!
thanks
iain