[gambit-list] Porting Gambit

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed Nov 21 11:50:32 EST 2018

When starting a new port you should try to build using the latest release (not a clone of the git repo) so that you avoid the bootstrap process.  Also it is useful to configure with --enable-ansi-c to only use the ANSI-C libraries.  Once that works you can remove that configure flag to debug the more advanced features.

Are you building Gambit on the E2K itself?  Cross-compiling may cause some issues.  Make sure the configuration process yielded reasonable values.  One aspect that is not handled automatically is the endianness of the processor.  The endianness can be forced explicitly with:

./configure --enable-debug --enable-ansi-c CC="gcc -D___LITTLE_ENDIAN"
make

Try using the debugger to run the generated gsi or gsc, to see where the segfault occurs. For example:

gdb gsi/gsi
run

If you get it working please report back the changes needed.

Marc