[gambit-list] .git in tarballs

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 20:44:25 EST 2018

>>: Faré
>> Is it on purpose that the
>> http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~gambit/download/gambit/v4.9/source/gambit-v4_9_1-devel.tgz
>> image contains the .git directory with the entire history?

>: Marc
> Yes it is on purpose.  The “-devel” tarball is for those who want to contribute to the development of Gambit.  If you don’t want the git history, just get the normal tarball (without the “-devel”).

Is that the only difference? (Where is the difference documented apart
from "for developers"?)
Looks like I should be using the normal tarball in my Nix recipe.

That life is worth living is the most necessary of assumptions, and were it
not assumed, the most impossible of conclusions. — George Santayana