[gambit-list] Gambit hash tables protected againts double hash attacks?

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 18:57:30 EDT 2018

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 2:33 AM Marc Feeley <feeley at iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

> Add a feature request issue for this.  Non-determinism is bad for debugging.  And I view “production runs” as debugging because when something goes wrong in production once in a blue moon you need to debug that particular run.

If Gambit were to salt its hashes, the salt(s) and/or the random seed
used to compute the salt(s) ought to be setable by users early enough
(if needs be on the command-line).

Adam: can the salt be per-table (or per-type) or does it have to be
global? Can you do it in user-space?

Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?
        — Lord Sutch