[gambit-list] Status of javascript output

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Mon Sep 18 07:23:23 EDT 2017

I’m with Adam on this subject.  It would take some very fancy analysis for the Google Closure compiler to remove the code that Gambit’s tree shaker removes. Gambit can do it because it has knowledge about the structure and semantics of the generated code.

So when you say “it worked fine” I assume you mean the output code runs fine, not that Google Closure did a good job at removing dead code.  Some benchmarking would be useful here!

Marc