[gambit-list] Status of javascript output

Adam adam.mlmb at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 03:10:23 EDT 2017

Sonny,

Gambit has its own register of global variables, which it keeps in some JS
object. An external JS code tree shaker would not be able to distinguish
what can be removed and what cannot as they - as far as I am aware - not
introspect JS structures, but instead just look for unused
identifiers/functions and remove those. And also it would not be able to
remove what's not used.

So the whole way input code maps to JS code is beyond what JS code shaker's
abilities.

However maybe my understanding of your JS tree shaker is not correct and
it's so incredibly smart that it can cut through also such intricate code.

What about you give it a try and let us know here?

Adam