[gambit-list] configure + make

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Sat Oct 14 09:36:11 EDT 2017

Gambit’s build procedure when cloning from the github repo has been simplified to follow the typical configure+make pattern.

Now the build procedure is:

    git clone https://github.com/gambit/gambit.git
    cd gambit
    ./configure
    make

On my machine, a Late 2013 MacBook Pro with an SSD and a 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, I typically build Gambit with:

   ./configure --enable-single-host CC=gcc-7
   make -j8

The ./configure takes 17 secs and the make takes 3 minutes.  A “make clean; make -j8” (build from .c files) takes 30 secs and a “make bootstrap; make bootclean; make -j8” (build from .scm files) takes 60 secs.