[gambit-list] Trouble building gambit

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Fri May 12 11:42:11 EDT 2017

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 4:05 PM, Marc Feeley <feeley at iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> Hmmmm… forgot to keep that file consistent with the rest… Thanks for catching that.

Well, I suppose *someone* had to get bitten by the README at some point.

Following the instructions from README.md, it all builds well for me (it seems).

Minor issue: when I compile with --enable-shared, Gambit does not
include the install path in the path to the shared libraries, and so
gsi and gsc won't work unless I either use LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point at
gambit, or I use NixOS's patchelf to specify the full path (which,
because the previous path is too short, means growning the executable
size by one "large" 2MB page).

Could the install path from the --prefix option be included in the
binary, or is there a good reason not to?

                — Rich Kulawiec