[gambit-list] Compiling Gambit on Android/Termux

Vincent Manis vmanis at telus.net
Mon May 8 22:50:48 EDT 2017

I don't have much experience with Termux, apart from playing with it a
bit. However, I have used GNURoot, a similar program, a fair bit
(contrary to the name, it does not require the device be rooted). That
gives you a terminal (GNURoot does work with XSDL, an X Server, but I
found it too slow to be usable on my device). GNURoot uses the Debian
repos, so you can get a number of Scheme systems from the repository,
though at slightly outdated versions. I have installed both Gauche and
Racket that way, and I'd be pretty willing to bet that Gambit might be
available too.

Hope that helps -- v