[gambit-list] gsc failure on Windows 10

mikel evins mevins at me.com
Wed Jun 21 17:41:34 EDT 2017

I just installed gambit-v48_8_8-windows-visualc64.exe on a machine that has VisualStudio Community 2017 on it (with C++ for CLI tools installed). I tried a quick gsc -exe hello.scm (on a file with a simple hello world in it), and got an error message like this:

d:\Users\mikel\Workshop\hello-scm>gsc -exe hello.scm
hello.c
hello_.c
libgambit.lib(os_base.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __iob_func referenced in function ___display_error
libgambit.lib(os_shell.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _environ referenced in function ___getenv_UCS_2
hello.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals

Did I overlook something obvious in the setup or compilation?