[gambit-list] leap seconds

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 19:14:25 EDT 2017

Dear Gambit list,

I'm using Gambit on Unix, and I'd like to store some real time data
with a date stamp.
(current-time) seems appropriate, but I'm not sure I understand the
treatment of leap seconds -- particularly leap seconds inserted.

Is (current-time) output monotonic (assuming a monotonic system
clock), or will the output go back in time during leap seconds?
What are proper functions to extract a date from (current-time) ? Is
it guaranteed to use the Unix Epoch when running on Linux?

-#f