[gambit-list] Building Gambit on windows

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed Jan 18 19:13:44 EST 2017

Thanks for your feedback… but it shouldn’t be this complicated! For mingw you should use a --prefix like this

--prefix=C:/MinGW/msys/1.0/GAMBITSCHEME

to avoid moving the whole directory.

For Visual Studio, there’s probably a file or two missing in the .sln project (I don’t keep it up to date… my guess is add “lib/os_setup.c” and remove “lib/os.c”).

For msys2, did you get the sources from a clone of the github repository? If so, the instructions in INSTALL.txt should be followed precisely to bootstrap Gambit.

Marc