[gambit-list] Trouble building using misc\vc2012.bat

C K Kashyap ckkashyap at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 09:16:31 EST 2017

Hi,

I tried to use misc\vc2012.bat to build gambit on windows using VS2105. I
changed vc2012.bat to point to the right vcvars32.bat (by changing 11 to 14)

>> @call "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Visual Studio
14.0\VC\bin\vcvars32.bat"

When I ran vc2012.bat, I got errors complaining about #define syntax in
gambit.h, and config.h not found in os_thread.c

>> C:\Users\ckk\gambit\include\gambit.h(1360): error C2007: #define syntax

So I removed the following lines from gambit.h and renamed config.h.in to
config.h

>> #ifndef ___NO_ACTIVITY_LOG
>> #ifndef ___ACTIVITY_LOG
>> #define @CONF_ACTIVITY_LOG@
>> #endif
>> #endif

That got rid of the above errors but then I noticed the error about missing
_gambc.c - not sure what to do about it because I don't see it in the repo.
Have I missed something?

Regards,
Kashyap