[gambit-list] UDP

Dimitris Vyzovitis vyzo at hackzen.org
Sat Aug 12 02:35:31 EDT 2017

And to conclude this rant, I shall be blunt.

> For completeness - when there are userland ports, implementing UDP as a
module will be trivial.

UDP is already done with raw devices.

There is an ffi module you can use for sockets in Gerbil, which is
distributed with the same license as Gambit and you can use in your Gambit
programs without waiting for whatever these userland ports are.

Similarly, Gamsock can also be easily updated to use raw devices with the
it's existing interface but without the spinning.

-- vyzo