[gambit-list] Building and using Gambit on windows

Bill Six billsix at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 20:57:19 EDT 2016

I'm unable to figure out how to use Gambit on Windows successfully, and I'd
like some help. (I'm plenty comfortable with Gambit on Linux/OSX). My
general feeling is that I'm using configure's "prefix" argument incorrectly
on Windows, which may be causing my problem.

I can build gambit just fine using the msys2 environment with mingw64 as
the compiler.

(Here's the head of config.log
"$ ./configure --prefix=/c/opt/gambit/bld --enable-single-host
--enable-gcc-opts")

I can do basic stuff in gsi, such as

> (+ 1 2)
3

But the following doesn't work:

> (include "~~/lib/_gambit#.scm")
*** ERROR IN (console)@2.1 -- Can't open file
"\\c\\opt\\gambit\\bld\\lib/_gambit#.scm"

and I can't get "gsc -exe foo.scm" (for some trivial foo.scm) to not
segfault.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bill