[gambit-list] Configure options

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed Mar 9 14:26:17 EST 2016

Those configure options, which are off by default, are for building a multi-processor version of Gambit.

Multi-processor support is actively being worked on and in particular, a parallel GC is being implemented.  It is not currently operational, so there is no need to use those configure options at this moment.

As for poll vs. select, the default is to use select because it is both more portable and it uses a microsecond resolution timeout (poll uses a millisecond resolution timeout).

Marc