[gambit-list] Gambit version for medical apps?

Gorges, Matthias MGorges at cw.bc.ca
Wed Jul 13 12:39:19 EDT 2016

Hi Adam,
> 4.7.X is not *so* old, and it works so well already, so
> from a short-term risk point of view it makes a lot of
> sense to work with. But sure I totally see your point.
I agree that we should have at least one proven stable version.

> Maybe the new unit tests and compile scripts for platforms
> should be moved in to the LTE for safety and platform
> completeness, which is pretty close to the "bug fixing"
> definition.
We started a list of potential commits that would be needed (and those nice to have) if the LTE version would be 4.7.0. However, there are likely others I may have missed so Marc and the community might need to add some more.

a6f919a  Correctly identify arm64 architecture so that little-endian
ffd839c  Fix typo for MSVC build on Windows
a2d0e19  Fix an issue with x86 backend unit tests
4c868ca  Add a unit testing framework (and anything in gambit/tests/*)
83e2078  Fix live-sleeping problem on OS X due to heartbeat

And potentially these:
0dce1c3  Syntax case improvement
095fba6  Improve the performance of bignum division
2fbf7cd  Add support for high-resolution timing on Windows

Many Thanks,
Matthias