[gambit-list] How pipe from shell to gsc ('s repl)?

Adam adam.mlmb at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 01:47:55 EDT 2016

I understand that Gambit has slightly special stdin/stdout IO routines
because of its async design.

However I guess that not is a reason for it to be so quirky that it would
break Unix piping behavior.

Also Unix piping is a totally reasonable usecase.

Piping the *output* seems to work better though, this works on at least two
unices: gsc -e '(display "Hello world\n")' > myfile (In the past I saw some
weird output-related behavior, that CTRL+Z not really suspended a process
on Linux and the Gambit process would keep running and outputting as usual,
but I believe it was fixed at some point.)

Now back to stdin piping:

Can Gambit be made to conform without additional arguments, or are
arguments or hacks needed, what's the big picture, challenges and needs
here, how fix?