[gambit-list] Gambit version for medical apps?

Bradley Lucier lucier at math.purdue.edu
Mon Jul 4 19:59:12 EDT 2016

On 06/27/2016 12:38 PM, Gorges, Matthias wrote:

> Would you actually be interested in us filing issues against older versions of Gambit (as we don't run the current one)? I am aware that the core Gambit development team is very small, so I could understand that you might not want to maintain those versions.

Whether any of this happens depends entirely on Marc.

I might suggest, though, that a specific, relatively recent version of
Gambit be nominated for "long term support" and that problems from all
platforms be reported against that *one* version.

If I understand correctly, you're currently using different versions on
different platforms because of bugs and workarounds on those different
platforms for different versions of Gambit.  (That may not be so clear,
but I think you know what I mean.)  Fixing bugs on several Gambit
versions at once might seem too broad a support surface.

Brad