[gambit-list] Gambit no longer compiles with Clang >= 3.7

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed Jan 20 14:53:32 EST 2016

I can confirm that, on OS X with clang 3.7.1 (installed using brew), gsi goes into an infinite loop when configured with ./configure --enable-single-host CC="clang-3.7" .  Gdb says it is stuck somewhere in _num.scm .

I also tried debugging this issue with ./configure --enable-single-host --enable-debug CC="clang-3.7" … of course now that it is compiled for debug clang compiles gsi fine and the problem goes away...  Hate heisenbugs!

clang has given me quite a few problems in the past (see the end of file INSTALL.txt).

Are you going to file a bug report with LLVM?  I’ve lost patience in the past filing bug reports for C compilers that never get processed…

Marc