[gambit-list] JavaScript backend

James Baker cycle.code.media at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 23:36:06 EST 2016

Aside from Emscripten I'm not aware of any other compilers that target
asm.js, do you know of any?
Web assembly looks quite interesting but its far too experimental to even
consider for anything at this stage.

My 9-5 is in a web dev shop and I've never seen any (asm.js / pnacl / etc)
in the wild aside from a couple of 3d game engines ported to run in
browser.  Its certainly not part of the typical web development ecosystem.

I'm not sure what you consider non-toy like but there are certainly plenty
of robust options from typed/untyped javascript variants through to
completely different languages like ocaml, clojurescript, haskell etc.

But as someone who really wants to make use of the Gambit javascript
backend on an upcoming commercial project I'd certainly appreciate hearing
of any issues you have encountered so far.

Cheers,

James