[gambit-list] Gerbil release: v0.1

Dimitris Vyzovitis vyzo at hackzen.org
Mon Feb 15 03:48:59 EST 2016

For starters, there is now a guide to Gerbil that should help seasoned
gambiteers and schemeres familiar with other systems like plt to get
started:
https://github.com/vyzo/gerbil/blob/master/doc/guide.md

And at a second level i have accumulated most of the libraries i have
lying around, without requiring any additional dependencies.
I have more stuff, but they are either esoteric, private or require
additional dependencies; Gerbil has already accumulated a decent std
library which provides enough batteries for most daily programming
tasks.

So at this point I can announce Gerbil-v1.0, with the release tagged on Github.

Let me know what you think. If you use a library from another Scheme
system, let me know - i might have it around or be willing to port it,
or provide you with help and guidance porting it.

The language Wars are back with perl6, so come help Gerbil grow!

-- vyzo